Sometimes on a hot summer day you’d like something cold & bubbly, and a little sweeter than your go-to-water? But soda is too sweet and we all know not great for our bodies in any way. Enter my take on Erin Boyle’s recipe for DIY Lavender Soda from the herb garden, using essential oils for added flavor and a calming boost!
DIY LAVENDER SODA, WITH ESSENTIAL OIL
1. Start by cutting 5-6 stems of lavender blooms; leaving 1-2″ of the stem
2. Boil 2 cups water; add 1/4 to 1/2 cup honey to make base simple syrup (taste as you add to determine how sweet you’d like it)
3. Remove from the stove and add lavender blossoms; steep 15 minutes
4. Add about 1″ of the simple syrup to your glass. Add ice, lemon slices, and 1 drop of lavender or lemon essential oil. Fill glass with club soda or lemon flavored sparkling mineral water.
5. Adjust any of the above amounts of the recipe to your personal preference! Essential oils are very potent, so a little goes a very long way. You can always add a drop or two more if the first drop isn’t as strong as you like.
* images via me & my iPhone!